| || 148853BR |
| || Machinist, Maintenance Lead |
| || Maintenance |
| || Government |
| || Kuwait |
| || KW - Al Jahrah |
| || Camp Arifjan |
| || AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com. |
| || Government- AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in. |
| || URS/AECOM has an opening for a Machinist-Maintenance Lead in Kuwait.|
The Machinist Lead, Maintenance produces replacement parts and new parts in making repairs of metal parts of mechanical equipment. Work involves most of the following: interpreting written instructions and specifications, planning and laying out of work, using a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments, setting up and operating standard machine tools. Fabricate parts for prototype equipment, working from drawings and written and/or verbal instructions. Interpret sketches and blueprints for a variety of machined parts and assemble prototype equipment. Trains machinist on work order system, procedures, processes and customer relations techniques. Issues written and oral instructions and maintains harmony among workers. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Shaping of metal parts to close tolerances, making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of machining;
2. Responsible for the knowledge of the working properties of the common metals, selecting standard materials, parts, and equipment required for this work; and fitting and assembling parts into mechanical equipment.
3. Work with metal, fiberglass, composites, plastics, wood and various other materials.
4. Apply paint or other protective coatings to equipment and assemblies.
5. Perform basic layout using blueprints.
6. Assist other shop employees and engineers in assembly of various types of jobs.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
| || |
- Requires a High school diploma/GED and a rounded training in machine-shop practice, usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Operating knowledge of machining tools, skilled in setting up and running lathes and milling machines, machining all types of engineering materials such as aluminum, steels, brass, G-10 fiberglass, delrin and most other plastics is required.
- Position may require travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
| || N/A |
| || AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. |