Job 1 of 1
|Track Inspector, Transportation, GTA|
|Engineering - Construction|
|CA - Mississauga, Ontario (Commerce)|
|Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and weâ€™re driven by a set of values and a common purpose â€” to create, enhance and sustain the worldâ€™s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. Weâ€™ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.|
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
- The successful person(s) will monitor the quality of work done by contractors constructing new tracks and turnouts; monitor destressing and welding of rail; review contractor reports; inspect the quality of materials used on-site; evaluate the progress of the project to determine if time schedules and payment requirements are being met. The candidate will also monitor contractor safety programs to assess that client requirements are met.
- This role will also include evaluation, inspection and reporting on existing tracks and making recommendations for maintenance and renewal projects.
- The successful person(s) may also participate in the preparation of the bid documents, cost estimating and evaluation of contractors and will administer and direct the construction phase. The role includes reviewing with project designers and contractors to ensure that procedures are followed and that contractors are in compliance with project plans and specifications.
- Previous railway experience, knowledge of current Railway Track Standards, Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR) and current valid TIG Inspectors Card are required.
- Ability to obtain eRailsafe certification for work on both CN and CP property (requires passing criminal background check)
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Driverâ€™s license and vehicle required.
- You possess excellent technical writing and analytical skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and internal and external clients.
- You have a keen desire to learn new skills, excellent teamwork attitude, and the flexibility to quickly absorb new information and take on new and challenging assignments.
- The ideal candidate must have basic computer skills, and be willing to conduct site visits throughout the GTA, Ontario and Canada.
- The candidate must also be willing to work away from home for periods of up to two weeks
- Preference will be given to candidates with college degree.
|AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|