Job 1 of 1
|Architecture and Design|
|USA - West|
|US - Los Angeles, CA|
|Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and weâ€™re driven by a set of values and a common purpose â€” to create, enhance and sustain the worldâ€™s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. Weâ€™ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.|
We help shape the world around us â€” from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities. Our design process is based on energy-efficient building systems, and appropriate selection of materials and form to maximize environmental conditions and long-term performance.
|Our Los Angeles studio is a fun, fast-paced, and exciting environment with projects that vary widely in type, scope and complexity. We are looking for a person who wants to apply their passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive work environment.|
The candidate will be responsible for translating direction from project design and management leads into conceptual, schematic and design development packages, and moving into the production of construction documents as required. The applicant may be responsible for directing junior and intermediate level staff and should have a proven track record of working in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have strong design sensibilities with excellent presentation skills, both verbal and visual. The candidate must be an excellent collaborator willing to contribute to a team effort, but also show an ability to work independently. The candidate must also be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines.
Applicants should include a PDF of a cover letter, resume and work samples with their application [in a single file, 5MB limit please]. Applications received without all required documents will not be reviewed.
- 10 + years' work experience.
- Professional degree from an accredited design school. (M.Arch, B.Arch or B.F.A. in Design or Architecture)
- Minimum 2 years experience on mid to large-scale architecture projects, including a record of built work.
- Experience with project phases from schematic through construction administration.
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with multiple consultant teams.
- Knowledge of three dimensional modeling software a plus. [SketchUp, Revit, Rhino]
- Strong two dimensional graphics skills using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with AutoCad 2010 minimum required. [Revit a plus].
- Desire to work in a team-based project environment.
- Architecture license, CA
- Southern California applicants will be given preference
|AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|