Job 1 of 1
|Engineering - Environmental|
|CA - Edmonton, Alberta|
|Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and weâ€™re driven by a set of values and a common purpose â€” to create, enhance and sustain the worldâ€™s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. Weâ€™ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.|
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
|AECOM is currently looking for a developing Environmental Engineer in our Edmonton office. |
This position is an opportunity to work within a well-established and successful group that offers a diverse range of projects, technical challenges and career development opportunities.
Our Environment Group is comprised of individuals who deliver high quality, innovative and cost effective solutions in Contaminated Site Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Environmental Assessment and Approvals and Atmospheric Sciences.
The Remediation team at AECOM is looking for applicants for the position of Junior Environmental Engineer in our Edmonton, AB office. We are looking for individuals with a background in conducting environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring and sampling and experience with contaminated site remediation design and construction oversight. Written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and an ability to work well within multi-disciplinary teams, are essential qualities.
- Work on specialized environmental projects and environmental site assessments, landfill and remedial design, construction oversight, environmental compliance and monitoring programs and environmental permitting and approvals. This position involves field work and travel when required.
- Field Work â€“ Including groundwater monitoring and sampling, environmental drilling and logging, testpitting, soil and gas sampling, and remedial construction oversight.
- Office duties would include summarizing data collected in the field, evaluation of field and laboratory data, tabulation and evaluation of data, analyzing project-specific data and completing remedial design.
- Preparation of technical reports and memos.
- Preparation of proposals.
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science or Civil/Environmental Engineering
- 2-3 yearsâ€™ of related experience
- Knowledge of Phase I, II, III Environmental Site Assessments with an emphasis on contaminated sites including landfill and remedial design
- Knowledge of soil and groundwater investigations.
- Knowledge and experience with soil and water sampling techniques and applicable provincial and federal regulatory requirements
- Strong computer skills and a significant understanding of Microsoft office application (specifically Excel)
- Ability to prepare reports
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Time management â€“ balancing immediate and long-term work with varying priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in both an office and field environment, as assignment priorities may change
- Valid driverâ€™s license is required for business travel
- Knowledge of typical contaminants of concern (hydrocarbons, inorganics, PAHs, etc.) Surveying experience would be an asset
|AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|